MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Why cross, zoo?

When I visited Twycross Zoo the other day I felt very guilty for smiling through the windows at the primates.
Teeth baring is, of course, a sign of anger whilst down-turning the mouth is a sign of utter contentment. The poor buggers must hate the public. I went round the zoo seemingly miserable, but bonding with the apes.




Here are some of my favourite new friends.








Yes, the title is poor. But the only other potential blog topics are listed below. I think you'll agree that I opted for the best one.

1) Reasons to hate national rail.
2) A recounted story involving a man on a train who LOUDLY talked on his phone for an hour (in a Glaswegian/Nottingham combo-ed accent) about his upcoming marriage. To a woman he met in Jumping Jacks (they both worked there). Two months ago.
3) Reasons to hate Vodafone.
4) Reasons to appreciate the fleecy goodness of jogging bottoms.
5) The demise of the novelty of flat-decorating.
6) Infuriation at the popular appeal of new celebrity: Katy Hopkins.
7) Reasons not to watch Big Brother.
8) Sadness over the lack of good telly these days.
9) Evidence of my premature aging (see #9)
10) Reasons to be bitter about my sunflower (un)success.



Moon. xxx

12 Comments:

  • At 7:11 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I'm no Percy Thrower, Moon, but I think some weeding is called for there...

    I don't even know who Katy Hopkins is.

     
  • At 7:29 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    It's disheartening that I lovingly (try to) grow stuff, which doesn't grow, but I then I have to kill off the things (albeit weedy) that do make it. And I'm lazy. I'll blame the rain...

    She was on the Apprentice. Became the one to hate. Because she's hateful. I disapprove of her fame-seeking as a result. Next year, Prof, treat yourself to some Alan Sugar love. Because you're worth it.

     
  • At 8:40 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    ugh. 'Alan Sugar love' sounds the stuff of nightmares.

     
  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    quite the opposite - great dreams!

     
  • At 1:01 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    Sometimes I think Tom doesnt live in the real world, Moon.

    Its a long time since I went to Twycross zoo, glad things are going smoothly there. Was there a t-t-m the tapir? Note how I have tried to disguise the name in case the person in question read your blog and my comment. Now if she read it, it would look even more incriminating with its poor disguise. oh well.

     
  • At 2:07 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    I took a photo of the tapir for you!! It came runner up in the "ugliest animal in the zoo" competition. I shall perhaps post more pics, including the winner, soon.

    As we well know most people who shouldn't read my blog, do.

     
  • At 8:59 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I'm not trying to stir here, but I don't understand the link between a tapir and that person. Maybe you should email me to explain.




    And then I'll quote you on my blog.


    I won't really. Please explain.

     
  • At 10:00 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    The link isn't obvious - bearing neither a physical nor a personality resemblance. tis merely name-related.

     
  • At 5:04 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    But the names aren't very similar at all!

     
  • At 8:31 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Is more a pronunciation point. In that it is dubious.

     
  • At 11:57 am, Blogger frankien said…

    I dont know what really started the tapir thing, we were just in a silly mood at Edinburgh zoo. The otters started us off. Last time I was at the zoo, I couldnt find the otters (meh! meh!) but I did find the elusive magic forest. Oh, and the tapir had had a baby!

     
  • At 9:51 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    oh yes the magic forest! We did choose the coldest day of the year to visit the zoo. The animals were watching us thinking, "fools".

    I bet a tapir birth isn't a pleasant sight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image