MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've just found a new room!

What with all this crocheting, gardening and general domesticity, I thought I'd reveal how I've been enjoying the thought of re-decorating my flat. Ah yes, things don't get much more exciting than this on Stroppy Blog.

I recently decided to stay in my current flat for the next year or so. It was a big decision; I was really looking forward to change, preferably involving leaving Leeds in pursuit of an adventurous new city. But the job offer, coupled with the potential money-saving properties of staying put, overruled. So now my creative streak is going haywire with exciting plans to have an aubergine themed flat, complete with stencilled moon shapes here and there.

This evening I decided to heave out all the furniture that I'd hidden away behind my cellar door. A little exploration later, I have found a new funky room in my house. With an armchair and everything! I'm not yet sure what to use it for; it needs a bit of a clear out, and I daresay that that will involve aubergine paint (well, plum at least). What does one use a hidden cellar for? Apart from fake money production? Maybe I could make wine. Suggestions welcomed!

I am content with this new domesticated side of myself. I never thought that it would really kick in. Aside from the creative free reign (which is normally pretty stunted), I am revelling in its therapeutic properties. An escape from work was much needed, and aubergine paint has highlighted that fact. So bugger academia. I'm off to make wine.

Moon. xxx

6 Comments:

  • At 12:01 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    Do you live in a magic world Moon? I read this several hours ago and am still baffled as to how you could suddenly discover a new room in your flat!!??! I don't suppose there was a skeleton in there was there? Perhaps with a medal around its neck that read "Hide and seek Champion, 1936"?

     
  • At 10:01 am, Blogger Moon said…

    I did check for skeletons, but only found a few cobwebs. The magical world of Belle Vue is a wondrous place with new rooms, voices in heads and pretty images when you close your eyes. It's only a cellar that I had previously ignored, but its possibilites are endless. It's already got sleeping quarters and a reception area. Pictures to follow!

    How are your beanstalks, Jack?

     
  • At 11:04 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    I did 2 blogs last night, not just 1....

     
  • At 12:37 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    That's cool that you're feeling settled though Moon. Have fun with the home improvements (not forgetting that a thesis should come before choosing paint colours - sorry, boring Dad comment).

     
  • At 2:44 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Thanks a lot, Prof. New secret world has made prospect of staying in Leeds a little easier. And yes painting is higher up the priority list than the thesis right now. Hopefully that will soon change. Hmm.

     
  • At 4:31 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    If things get grim, perhaps you could just hide it your bunker. If it took you this long to find it then you should be ok!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image