MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Iris

Yes get me - 3 blogs in a day! Evidence that I have had a satisfying lazy weekend. Here's the sunflower garden update.


There are 4 Russian Giants, although 2 are a little bit poorly; one of which being the tallest plant of the garden. There are also 4 Velvet Queens; they're more healthy. One only appeared this week. They are taking quite a while to grow, but I hope that is because they are carefully growing strong stems that will win against battles against the elements.






The potential winner, if it survives this bout of poorlyness.








Does anyone else have one that looks like this?! Should I give up on it now?




By the way title refers to Greenclaws' annoying friend, if anyone cares/remembers. She had an unattractive urchin haircut with a clip to secure her side parting. I felt that, due to the ill-health of the 'flowers, I could hardly consider myself to be a pro in these matters.

Moon. xxx

PS Do you think that Cillit Bang destroys eardrums as it does dirt and grime? Barry Scott doesn't half shout.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:06 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    Go sunflowers!

    And get some slug pellets down - sorry Ak - one crafty snail breached my defences yesterday and chomped on a nice bit of sunflower. Bastard. I'm considering cranking up my artillery as well - blackfly have taken a fancy to my sunflowers and my runner beans. Nooo!

     
  • At 8:37 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Racist!!

    Such a dilemma. I'm now down to 3 giants and just 2 queens (sounds like a typical night out...) because of the slugs. But I don't want to pellet them. Am going to think up some kind ways of redirecting them. Mum suggested a glass of beer, which they're apparently quite partial to. "At least they would drown happy", she said.

     
  • At 10:10 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    Yeah, a couple of people have told me that. A small pot of beer (or milk I think) will get em in. But whichever way you dice it, you're still a murderer. Get pellets down man!

     
  • At 8:08 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    I haven't been able to put pellets down. I just can't! I have defended a few plants with bottle tops (pics to follow) which seems to have worked. All others have sadly succumbed to the munch of the slug.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image