MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Californn-nyyaa - forget it

I didn't make it. Due to being stranded on a flooded train to London. Missed my flight. Pissed off. Insurance won't cover expenses. Pissed off. Airline was nasty. Cheaptickets.com made me cry. After making me wait on the phone for hours. To the States. Tried to get another ticket. Booked one. Excited. Got to Heathrow. Ticket had been cancelled. I wasn't told before hand. No seats left. Pissed off. E-bookers semi-apologised. Tried to buy another ticket. Was offered one for £10,000. Pissed off. Tried one last time for a ticket. For the next day. Decided probably shouldn't go. As had already forked out fifty billion pounds. Pissed off.

Am skint now. Can't get airfare back. Nor conference fees. Nor hotel costs.

No Alcatraz. No Golden Gate Bridge. No Calmoon Bakery. No re-enacting the Sony TV ad. No dreamy conference.

Went to Twycross Zoo instead, which was nice. I imagine I might publish pictures of primates in future posts, as a result.

No doubt I shall return to Leeds to find sunflowers that have grown to immense heights in my rainy (shorter than expected) absence.

Moon. xxx

1 Comments:

  • At 9:06 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    Gutted for you..... I'm gonna be in SanFran in 3 weeks or so, so let me know where the Calmoon bakery is and I'll go and get some pics. I'm gonna go to Alatraz too so I'll take extra pics for you..x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image