MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Monday, October 27, 2008

Feeling 22, acting 17...

Katie Melua was 19 when she released that bloody single. At least her feelings were realistic. Now, at the ripe old age of 24, she intends to release a greatest hits album. What on earth will go on there?

I dislike her very much. She disproves Gestalt. All her components are OK: she's found a niche in the market, she's a female singer like no other (read, "dull"), she's young and gorgeous, etc etc. However put them all together and she is a wholesome disappointment. (Apart from her hair. She has good hair.) She cannot move smoothly between notes - she has to step up with a little gag sound every time the note ascends. That is a sign of a seriously bad vocalist. But, because of her fantastic hair, it's ignored and she gets to release another album.

She's never even in tune!

(I had wanted to call this post, "Greatest (S)Hits", but I thought it may have been, to some extent, misleading and that certain readers might have got excited.)

I just thought another post was necessary, by the way. The previous N-torment looked a mess and I need no reminders of it.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:43 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I hope that you're not referring to me there Unit....

    Am surprised at your Melua-inspired vitriol actually. I'm no fan, but she strikes me as being pretty unoffensive really. I get her mixed up with Norah Jones. Whatever happened to Norah Jones?

     
  • At 5:32 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    I simply didn't want to disappoint with that potentially misleading title!

    Norah Jones occasionally gets some R2 airplay. At least she can sing. Melua Hellua.

     
  • At 1:56 pm, Blogger Rach said…

    Actually, Katie M does not have fabulous hair. It is actually a non-descript little ball of mousey frizz - but she has it expertly curled into gorgeous ringlets prior to any photo / tv appearance, etc. (I read an interview with her in You magazine once!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image