MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mouth

I enjoyed my first beach holiday ever this Summer. I went away with four friends that I grew up with and relaxed wonderfully. I also seemed to absorb the sun and returned home looking like I'd worked in a coalmine, instead of beach-dwelling.

Paros is a beautiful island and Antiparos, even more so. Each day we'd find a new beach, which we would usually have to ourselves, where we could lounge and swim for most of the day. Bliss. Most fortunately, I didn't see a single crustacean. Woo!

As you'll know if you've been to Greece, cats run the place.


And I bloody love it. There were a few good friends at the villa, including Winey (who wouldn't shut up), Twenty-Twenty (who was blind) and, of especial note, Mouth. Mouth had no mouth. She was a delight. She was incredibly friendly and did that thing that cats do where they sort of headbutt things affectionately. Unfortunately, Mouth would leave a dribble-string everywhere she went. The cat lovers amongst us felt awful that she was so grim, found beauty in her and loved her all the more. Those not so fond of felines found her the mankiest cat that ever lived. They were wrong, of course.

Having said that, watching her catch a gecko and eat it wasn't an especially pleasing sight.

In honour of Mouth and all the pleasure she brought, I felt it necessary to write this and keep her alive in my memory.

What a cat.

Please put your glasses together for... Mouth!





(Thanks to Anoula for supplying the video and commentary, including the favourable line, "ugh she's doing that thing with her mouth".)

8 Comments:

  • At 10:17 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Oh dear, I now see the problems associated with calling a youtube upload, "Mouth the cat". Ignoring the filthy advertised link, there's also "Neveen is forced to eat cat crap".

     
  • At 7:17 am, Blogger Michael said…

    I glad you enjoyed our island of Paros--something for everyone, including cats.

    Cheers,

     
  • At 9:53 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    Holy crap! That cat is hideous! Urgh! What's wrong with you Moon? It needs to be thrown in a canal in a sack, not welcomed into your home!

    And is Paros and Antiparos like matter and antimatter?

     
  • At 2:10 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Mouth is a fine cat! (Thought you might disagree - you've never quite understood my fascination with felines!)

    Antiparos does exist in our universe, even if the memories are now somewhat dream-like, thus differing slightly from antimatter. Good physics knowledge though. You loving the big bang tube as well?

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Thanks Mr Shepherd! We all enjoyed Paros very much, although it has changed quite a bit since my last visit 12 years ago. Looks from your blog as if you're having a fantastic time there.

     
  • At 2:15 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I just looked at that photo of Mouth again and it made me feel sick.

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Sorry Prof - didn't mean to induce nausea. Think of poor Mouth though - she has to live with it ;)

     
  • At 3:23 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I'd have put myself in a sack and thrown myself into the canal if I was that cat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image