MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Thursday, June 19, 2008

technology dy(so)nasty

Technology is advancing incredibly. My MoonMac comprises some super handy features, like a dictionary and thesaurus appearing with a cleverly directed mouse-swoosh, the ever handy stickies (on screen post its) reminding me of things to do AND of course, unbeatable prettiness. The nintendo wii empire is ever-expanding (great way to capitalise on a computer games + health niche). I never quite got the hang of my iSight, incidentally (no surgery gags required). Mobile phones now have so many superfluous features that you can buy a handset that merely makes calls and sends texts for a tenner. Legally! Apparently some phones have a barcode identification function - who can complain about that?!

So it's clear: technology is amazing.

And it only gets better.

I'm delighted to have spotted these in various locations now.



Yes - it's the Dyson Airblade. A wonderful invention! The water is not blown away - no - it's sucked away. With great force. It's an amazing experience. Also a good way to encourage people to wash hands (I hate seeing people at public toilets leave without even a rinse).

Check out the Dysons!

(Munch can you identify the location?!)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:59 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    I've heard about these but not seen any yet. Or have I? I did use some extremely powerful hand dryers recently so maybe they were dyson.

    I dont know where it is I'm ashamed to say. I was going to guess the Leeds union toilets near the helpdesk, but not sure. Where has orange fittings? Its not Jakes is it??

     
  • At 3:02 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Not in Leeds. Somewhere much closer to home (for you)!

     
  • At 4:18 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    I've no idea. Close to home as in edinburgh or rugby?

    omg, its not my flat is it? Has there been a sixty minute makeover while I was at work?

     
  • At 9:53 pm, Blogger Rach said…

    Spooky - David came across these in the men's loos tonight at a pub in Leamington. He didn't know what they were. I trust he dried his hands by wiping them on his jeans...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image