MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Qu'est-ce que c'est ? Crustaces !

About a month ago I went to Montreal, which was utterly fantastic, to attend the International Association for the Study of Dreams' annual conference. As predicted, it was full of an eclectic bunch and I spent my time schmoozing with the sleep scientists It was a very worthwhile conference (always a bonus, I find) with a lot of sun and swimming. Hurrah!









Most fortunately I had just missed the festival d'homards: the lobster festival. I didn't see a crustacean in the flesh (or the shell, or whatever) whilst there but there was plenty of evidence of their presence. A near miss!

I tell you, crustaceans are taking over the world.

Further evidence: I went out on Friday night with friends. After enjoying a meal and a few cocktails, I found something surprising in the ladies in Browns:



Yes, a tray of prawns. Surely you must now be convinced about the crustaceans!

Speaking of finding things in toilets (no this isn't going to take a turn for the vile), this sign greatly amused me, in the ladies at the University of Bath. Should bad grammar have warranted such amusement? And a photo?! (Please see previous post for a potential explanation of this.)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:42 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    You should maybe stay indoors next Thurs, Unit (or perhaps go to Greece or something). According to my diary, which has details of 'quirky' events, Aug 21st is 'Celebration of Crustaceans Day'.

     
  • At 10:19 am, Blogger Moon said…

    Oh my - are you serious?! Paros does love the crustaceans, although fortunately they're not on the beaches (if they were I would of course have stayed at home). Last night someone caught something (my friends wouldn't tell me what it was for fear of me going mental) from the water by our restaurant. It was either an octopus or a crab. Apart from that all is nice here.

    I feel victimized.

    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image