MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Monday, July 09, 2007

bad ads

I may be reviving an old theme of frankien's here. I proudly present to you my top 3 current adverts.

In at #3: It's the tenuous link that is: L'Oreal Elvive.
"In my home I love the light. So why wouldn't I want the same for my hair colour?"

Because your house is not your hair, you silly moo.


In a highly similar vein at #2: a lazy, lazy link from the ad team at Subway:
(Man walks in to room to hear his new girlfriend loudly proclaiming how they are to get married and have babies...) "There are some things you don't want to see, and some you do..." (cut to picture of carb city Sub).

Lazy, I tell you!


And: this ad assumes nothing. It explains the most complicated of terms, becoming a favourite for scientists and novices alike. Sensodyne ProNamel:

"Dentists tell us that acid erosion is caused by acid in our diets..."

Hey - hence the name! Now I get it.


Moon. xxx

2 Comments:

  • At 1:00 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    We've not had the subway advert. Popular ads up here include the 'goths' drinking irn bru, lloyds bank, lots dance compilations (some better than others, I dont fancy the energy compilation), oasis with the scary man (a good advert!)

    Good call with the l'oreal ad, it is very annoying. and she has airs of a famous person, even though I havent a clue who she is.

    I'll have a think over the weekend about some other annoying ones.

     
  • At 1:36 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Yes she does - it's the big eyes and big pout. Slightly Claudia Schiffer. I like those Irn Bru goths, although they're no Derek the Cuckoo of course.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image