MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Eugenics

So Fabulous Willy won Crufts. He does look like a fine dog, but not as fine as the terrier, which looked a bit cheeky, or the bloodhound, which was quite sedate i.e. not daft. Of course I know nothing about what constitutes an award winning dog. But I prefer the ones that look smart, as opposed to unquestioning dogs. I watched Foxy and Levi dance incredulously. It was an amazing performance, but it made me think of a world in which we are entertained by cats on stage and waited upon by monkeys. It's all a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

As fabulous as Willy may be, I just don't know why anyone would choose to adopt Willy's offspring (probably having Willy's sister as a mother). Yes, he's a grand looking dog, but we all know what happens when you in-breed. Look at the royals. Let Willy roam free with the terrier and create some incredibly bearded smarter dog. He'd get up to mischief and would be much more entertaining on a Pedigree Chum advert.

I think I would like an Airedale Terrier cross poodle cross bloodhound cross St Bernard. So a big long-muzzled non-malting dog with a fringe, beard and wrinkles. Please do not pick up on the comment I made on Tombolablog recently about how pets resemble their owners.

Moon. xxx


I know the feeling, son.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:54 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    Ha ha, good work Moon. Didn't see any of Crufts so thanks for the lowdown. I boycotted after learning that Lord Peter Purves had been replaced by Ben Fogle. Hopefully they're giving Peter a rest in readiness for the return of Junior Kickstart. Come on Beeb - I pay my licence fee and I want Junior Kickstart back!

     
  • At 10:55 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I'd also like to see more monkeys riding dogs. I'd really like to see that live rodeo monkey dog rider in America. That looks incredible.

     
  • At 9:39 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    Were there many docked dogs appearing?

     
  • At 11:48 am, Blogger Moon said…

    not many. it's all a big no no of course. although someone did reveal that said docking would not be recorded, nor action taken if discovered etc. (Moon shakes head exhaustedly.)

     
  • At 7:44 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    PS dog-riding monkeys sounds incredible, yes.

     
  • At 3:43 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    Junior kickstart was brilliant. I once forced Moon to download the music (the theme music to the show, not the go team). I think you were a little amused by it, Moon. And the title was always won by an offspring of the Lamkin family. Lambkin? Was that even right? something with lamb in it. Dougie was one of them. Someone I went out with had motorbike lessons with one of that family as well. Glad they stuck to that line of work.

     
  • At 5:36 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Whilst I don't recall Junior Kickstart in detail, Purves did say this (and I quote):

    "In Junior Kickstart I'll never forget the young lad who fell on the 'pole-over-the-hole'. He hurt his pride and almost destroyed his manhood, but the ensuing rush of St John's Ambulance men into the pit, where they all fell over, was a piece of television hysteria! (and history!)."

    From that alone, and Dr Newman's infallible memory for it, I would sign a petition for its return.

    Go! Team's track is v good also, of course.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image