MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Saturday, May 05, 2007

sunflower power

or not. Not yet, at least.



What's that in your garden, Moon? Looks like a pet grave.





No, not a pet grave. It's a special place where sunflower seeds are busy almost germinating.




Look how good it looks! So good, in fact, I won't mind if the sunflowers don't appear. They'd probably take a bit of looking after, anyway.

The entire Horton family are involved in the sunflower competition. Evidently, it's currently a battle between Banbury and Glentham Town, The Shire. Leeds is yet to get competitive. Mum and Dad have apparently been removing lumps from their own pots and throwing them into each other's. Seeing as no anti-sabotage rules were ever stated, I think that anything goes.

Moon. xxx

8 Comments:

  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    That's a good LS6 house back you got there Moon. Takes me back....

    Best of luck with the seeds - that'll be an oasis of colour if and when they do make an appearance.

     
  • At 11:20 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Thanks for the optimism! Pleased to see that yours are looking well, but a little disheartened that the successful plants grew in pots only.

    And I've moved on - am now settled in the mature world of LS3. Get me! I have a rockery at the front of the house and everything!

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    A bit confused - those pics you put up are of your place in LS3? I thought you lived up near Woodies? Oh no, you're near Uni now aren't you? LS3, LS6..whatever. Leeds student house. That's what I meant.

     
  • At 11:33 am, Blogger Moon said…

    It's all basically LS6, really. Sounds like you're getting a tad nostalgic there Prof. It's no SW2, I can tell you. I don't have a nursery. Although I do feel like a proud parent - 4 whole sunflowers have appeared this morning!

     
  • At 1:33 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    Will you need to ruthlessly thin them out?

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    I doubt it. As there are only 5 so far (yes we have one new arrival!) in quite a big space, I think they should be fine. Do you have too many now? What a predicament!

     
  • At 10:03 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    I named 2 more last night: Biggie Smalls and Tupac (I'm reading a book about Death Row records at the moment). Had to do some emergency planting in the rain as they were both way too big for the small pot that they had grown up in. I nearly broke Tupac by slipping and falling on him. Checked him this morning and he seemed ok. Biggie Smalls is the 20cm whopper, but he's only just ventured outdoors so let's hope he'll fare ok.

     
  • At 2:52 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Sounds like a film. I can imagine you battling against the elements in a jungle-like garden. I'm sure that they'll fare well outdoors. They certainly sound big and strong enough. It's where they're meant to be, after all.

    (Evidently the ramblings of someone who knows bugger all about gardening.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image