MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

dance anthems

It took me a few years to understand, and subsequently appreciate, that dance music is OK. It tends to be good feelgood pop with a strong beat (all in 4/4 time; I don't see what's so difficult about being a DJ. Most tracks are at about the same (fast) speed). I also like the way that the genre hasn't developed one bit in the last 20 years. If it ain't broke... However something I neither understand nor appreciate is hard house or trance (they're pretty much the same I reckon). And there seems to have been a revival of the clubbing-anthems-style CDs being advertised. You know the ones; a chavvy looking stick girl wearing a bikini and dancing around badly; alternating between a mad march and a pole dance. Sometimes they include poor effects. Having the same lass dancing three times on the screen seems a popular option.

Why do I mention this? Because I have never seen people like this out on't toon. And I can't understand why anyone would buy into this culture. Who is buying the CDs? Perhaps (and this is likely) I simply do not frequent the kind of places at night where this strange dancing style and "bang-thump" (hmm) music exists. Perhaps there is something too cool about it for the likes of myself to subscribe to it. I just don't know. But I have never met anyone who is interested in it.

Granted I have seen the stick chavs (and their fat mates) doing the dirty supposedly alluring dancing in many a club. And bar. And street. Even in the day, occasionally. But not in the clubbing attire. I have also seen some larger ladies adorning the fluffy orange boots, wrist straps and bikini top, although they were the pillheads who used to do E dances in Durham Union. The fools. I don't think that either group of people truly count as the Essential Clubber.

So, does this culture actually exist? And does anyone actually like it? If not, which seems highly plausible, why are there so many of these adverts about?

Moon. xxx

3 Comments:

  • At 1:17 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    Have you ever been to speedqueens?

     
  • At 4:07 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I have!

     
  • At 6:48 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Er no. Is this the epicentre of orange furry wristbands?

    Maybe I should give it a try. Looks like good exercise. You don't often see a fat druggie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image