MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm blue, la de de la de da...

Seeing as blogs are cool again, I thought I should jump on the bandwagon and post an unsurprisingly arsy rant.

According to Dr. Arnall (see http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1995669,00.html) January 22nd is the most depressing day of the year. This is due (as you may read if you follow the link) to new year's resolutions having been broken, feeling poor since overspending over the festive month, and general feeling cold and miserable. I would like to contest this claim. Jan 23rd is clearly much, much worse.

The day began arsily. Terry Wogan was too much to bear when the alarm went off, so I switched from Radio 2 to spritely Radio 1. Big mistake (= new name for Chris Moyles). When he appeared in a recent TV countdown of the most irritating people of 2006, I sympathised with the man. Today, I agree. He has a cheesy jingle that is played at 7am that has remained in my head all day. Bad start. I was expecting a parcel (smashing new boots) so stayed at home until the post arrived. It was freezing. Mood declined. The post eventually arrived. I received a phone bill that was supposed to show a £50 credit from Orange for a phone that they "bought back" from me. I have been promised this money for 4 months now. Instead, it was a hefty bill, including a £15 charge for a replacement sim card (as previous one was stolen. Incidentally that took about 2 weeks and 4 hours on the phone to orange to sort out. Wankers). And no boots. So, to work. The walk was icy and treacherous. I realised I had forgotten my phone. After a morning of testing I ran home to pick it up, so I could call orange and scream hell at them. I find, on my doorstep, a "sorry you were out" card from the Post Office. I have to say that Leeds is the worst place in the world for arranging a redelivery. No new smashing boots for a good few days for me, now.

The rest of the day was consumed by Barclays Bank who, despite being notified of my stolen card at 8am on January 5th, after 3 phone calls and 2 visits to my local branch, have only today decided to put a message on the "system" to send me a new card. I also still haven't received my Natwest one. How am I supposed to pay for anything, I ask you? Orange were sickening. And the Post Office, worse. All day every day is spent sorting shit out. I am definitely keeping hold of the current bag.

It is also ridiculously cold.

I want a dog.

Moon. xxx

PS At least Shameless is on tonight. Fingers crossed I will be able to stay awake for it, instead of passing out on the sofa, waking up with my head at some bizarre angle as my neck and shoulders have swapped places, with contact lenses itching.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:10 am, Blogger frankien said…

    I want a dog
    a chihuahua
    when I get back to my small flat I want to hear somebody bark
    oh, you can get lonely
    I want a dog

    on another note- did you have insurance for your cards? They should have got replacements out much faster than that if so.

     
  • At 10:57 am, Blogger Moon said…

    The cards should have been sent out much quicker anyway. Each bank had a different excuse for screwing up. Shitbags.

    I typed "I want a dog" in time to that song. And predicted that you might mention it!

     
  • At 12:22 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    You know me too well.

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    Write strongly worded letters of complaint to both Banks. Highlight any times when you have been unable to pay for goods/any other problems that have occurred as a result. List the times when you a. called and b. visited branches. Threaten to close your accounts. Write to the personal finance section of a Newspaper (Observer does one) where they take up people's grievances and get on the case. You've nothing to lose and they might send you some gift in apology.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image