MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, November 05, 2006

tick tick tick tick, "ooooh"

This week I am angry about: fireworks.

I propose this: that only organised displays should be allowed. On November 5th only. Yes this may be the return of Ms Whitehouse featuring in Stroppy Blog, but there are so many reasons for it. Including:

Shitty little kids (not the nice ones - they are few and far between and they wouldn't play with fire, anyway, of course) mess around with them.

When said shitty little kids play around with them, they injure themselves. And then appear in vile adverts 12 months later with a manky face or something. Ugh. Are they to feature on the infamous ad countdown of the month I wonder?

They are an expense. A dangerous expense.

Finally, they upset animals all over the place. Dogs and cats are petrified. Last night Dave was too frightened to go outside, and tonight Cromwell went missing for hours, and finally returned literally paralysed with fear. Also, hedgehogs are likely to see a heap of twigs and branches neatly piled together and think, "ooh, I might wander over and sit in there. Looks nice." Then a poorly made Guy Fawkes is loaded on top (poor man - we've surely all considered blowing up the Houses of Parliament at some point. Haven't we?!). Hedgehog is comfy. But alas, hedgehog is burned.

Now I know that fireworks are fun, when orgainsed well. And sparklers are ace. But they should be restricted to one night only, and then only in restricted areas.

Who's with me?!

Next week begins the campaign against fun and smiles.

Moon. xxx

PS Don't ven get me started on Hallowe'en!!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:14 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    I am not a fan of fireworks and prefer to watch them from indoors. Tom will vouch for this, as I was a bit troubled by the fireworks in Bedford at the switching on of the Xmas lights last year. No, we didnt go to Bedford specially, but thats another story. My cat was also traumatised on Saturday and was too scared to come home. I even refused to open my birthday present until the cat had returned. Funnily enough, I havent seen any adverts this year about the dangers of fireworks- perhaps there are fewer problems in Scotland. However, I do love the advert about holding it at arms length- the sparker, not the child! etc. For some reason that one always made me laugh. Probably because it didnt feature a maimed child or animal for once.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image