MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Santa on a bike!

As Christmas is on its way, I have been enjoying decoration hunting. For the first time I have the space in my flat for a decent sized tree. I have opted for a (pretty predictable) aubergine theme. However, whilst searching for these delights I have come across some amazing trinkets and tchotchkes. I am a little concerned that I may have begun the search for the naffest christmas decoration ever early. What if the novelty wears off by December 25th? I am reasonably confident, however, that I have only scraped the surface. Keep your eyes peeled (vile expression) for evidence of Las Vegas hitting Gainsborough, and Anglian Way in the fine* town of Market Rasen, Lincs.

Below are a selection of the delights of Christmas, which were found in ChristmasWorldUK in some random place in the Shire. Not sure where.



Yes! It's none other than the highly appropriate Christmas chicken! Disappointingly it wasn't so impressively gravity-defying when on a real head... no matter how tightly you tied the legs.




Is that Santa or some terrifying demon?




Robotic snowoman modelling man's snowsuit.




Phwarrr! Check out the chunkiness of that hot thing! Nice to see that someone is challenging the need for models to be skeletal. I think that "someone" might have been the cashier's daughter. Needless to say I couldn't resist a Santa dress after seeing that.





Mum had a nice time wearing antlers and Rudolf earmuffs whilst carrying some odd... I don't know what. Why would you carry that thing around with you?


And finally, my favourite:



Why oh why oh why?!


Moon. xxx


*hideous

7 Comments:

  • At 10:58 am, Blogger frankien said…

    Is cycling santa meant to go backwards or can it just not beat gravity?

    I hate tacky Xmas decorations. This year I am going to drive down all the streets where people have hideous inflatable decorations (e.g. the santas hanging down the front of the house, blow up snowmen in the garden) and throw darts at them out the window. And I'm quite a shot. That'll learn them.

     
  • At 11:04 am, Blogger Moon said…

    Cycling Santa has to go backwards (and look at his little legs go!) otherwise, heaven forbid, he would not continue cycling indefinitely.

    Best of luck with the darts quest. I salute you. I've been considering how to destroy those light displays in the supposed shape of Santa with his sleigh etc. I say "supposed" as they usually use about 7 lights, thus end up looking more like the Plough than a sleigh.

     
  • At 12:33 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    Good work Moonos. A festive festival of photos. I used to have a fantastic yuletide spinning top that had a flashing light on and played a medley of Christmas tunes. It was great - the aim was to get right through the 4 tunes and back to the start before running out of spin. I must try and find it next time I'm back.

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    Only just watched the vid - how can you not like that? It's superb!

     
  • At 5:49 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    And another thing, 'Christmas on a bike' would have made a better title!

     
  • At 6:25 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Yes fine Prof, it would. How long are the songs on your spinning top? You must be quite a spinner to get through 4 songs. I presume we're not talking about the 17 verse carols.

    I'm sick of christmas songs already, incidentally. Christmas is a magical time, but let's get rid of the songs. And surely it's about time that Sir Cliff called it a day?

    Brilliant. Thinking about those songs has put "simply having a wonderful Christmas time" in my head. I hate it!!

     
  • At 7:05 pm, Blogger Rach said…

    You have been to Christmas World, haven't you? How lucky are you? So I am slightly disappointed that you didn't post a short film of the ginger cat that breathes and purrs, as it's three kittens suckle milk. Or the hypnotic deer that moves it's head slowly to the left, and then to the right again, then to the left again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image