MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Please resist making the obvious comment...

...but crabs are everywhere.

I am sick of being frightened by crustaceans. They're on adverts every day. I heard on the radio this morning that Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall cooked a dish from "things found under rocks" (we all know what they would be) and I've just spied someone using a "comic" crab microphone on E4. Hideous. And eeevill. Why would such a vile creature be so popular? That Heineken ad with the lobster (you remember, "executed like a true continental") with plain wrong. No one would have bought Heineken after that. It should be boycotted purely for crustacean use, "flip-flapping all over 'er face". Makes me mad. And don't even get me started with that pathetic animated Capital One crab. What's in your wallet? A crustacean, probably.

8 Comments:

  • At 5:29 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Crab watch: this weekend I found a "rockpool life" pamphlet wedged in the train seat I was unfortunate enough to be positioned in (conspiracy) AND another crab on an ad. I can't remember which one. That's repression at work.

     
  • At 1:53 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    Urgh, in describing your own phobia you used a word I cant hear!!!!

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall?!

    Ah now, that's 3.

     
  • At 2:17 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Correction: 2. I can't count.

     
  • At 4:16 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    No, the p word that means leaflet. eugh.

     
  • At 10:17 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    My apologies - mini-brochure ;)

     
  • At 9:59 pm, Blogger Rach said…

    Don't ever go to Cornwall then - is crustacean heaven (or hell, depending on your view point). They had an aquarium with Crabs of varying shapes and sizes, none smaller than my head; crabs and molluscs and unidentifiables on sale in delis and quay-side stalls everywhere you walk (to skewer with a cocktail stick from a little plastic pot); crab samwedges on every menu; and there is even a lobster place, where you can adopt a lobster. Why?

     
  • At 10:45 am, Blogger Moon said…

    Why? indeed. Not a suitable pet for many reasons. Not least because crustaceans are nightmare fodder. I find it a bit hypocritical that you can adopt a lobster in one place, then eat one nextdoor. I'll cross Cornwall off the potential holiday list - thanks for the tip off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image