MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Thursday, October 25, 2007

wastebook

In response to this riling article by the BBC, I have outlined 15 reasons why Facebook is a pile of pants:

1) Only boring people waste time refreshing their facebook accounts in the hope that someone who wouldn't normally email/call/contact them, will have written on their wall.

2) Facebook allows people that you have been trying to avoid the calls of for months to contact you.

3) Facebook is a sad popularity contest.

4) Facebook allows people to show themselves off. "Oh how did this incredibly attractive photo of me get on there? I was having fun, though. I was very drunk. Let me tell you all about me me me...". Sod off, egotist.

5) Facebook is not an accurate depiction of reality. People start taking photos to put on their Facebook accounts instead of just having a nice time.

6) As noted by the Beeb, approx 233 million hours of work are lost each month in the UK due to staff looking at social networks. I don't know how they did that research exactly (I daresay it's more than that, anyway). Poor bugger who's the RA on that. But what a waste! (Btw I'm blogging on my designated hour for lunch.)

7) Facebook facilitates stalking.

8) People who have a Facebook account think they're cool. They're not.

9) Some Uni people are trying to use Facebook to set up staff/student groups, as if that wouldn't result in trouble.

10) Facebook lingo is terribly annoying.

11) Why would anyone want a completely public profile? A little privacy is a grand thing, you know.

12) Facebook is like google; interfering. They make it difficult for you to leave and keep details that you haven't disclosed to them. How rude.

13) A book of faces? What?

14) Social networking? No. It's not now is it. It's pretending to have more friends than you actually have. Try actually socially networking by going out once in a while. Or be honest and admit that you'd really prefer to watch Hollyoaks. Incidentally myspace shouldn't have tried to do the "social networking" thing either. It was great initially; giving bands the chance to publicise themselves easily. Now artists feel that they're rubbish if they don't have a myspace. Terribly sad. Especially when it will eventually lose all recognition because it's just not Facebook.

15) I don't like it one bit.

Moon. xxx

1 Comments:

  • At 2:40 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    Better late than never...I'm totally with you on this Moon. Facebook can kiss my ass. I'm in touch with the people I want to be in touch with and can only see the point of joining if I lived overseas or something. I can't be arsed with having to ignore friend requests from people I hated at school. And having used it to track people down in previous job it's scary that any weirdo could be looking you up.

    However....playing Scrabble on it is A Good Thing.

    I should point out that I'm not signed up but CP & I help with Scrabble.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image