MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Monday, October 22, 2007

learning to drive and Dumbledore being gay

This week I have been very busy. Working mostly. But I also knitted a bit, bought and assembled filing cabinets (with minimal swearing, I hasten to add), went to see Rufus Wainwright (who irritated my friends greatly), schmoozed with the Thrills, got my viva date, had my first driving lesson (finally) and did one or two other things as well.

My feet don't reach the pedals in my instructor's car. Not sure how to deal with this. Suppose will try some small comfortable heels next week. And I did adjust the seat, by the way.

Dumbledore's gay then. Not a surprise. I think Malfoy should have been gay as there aren't enough gay bullies in the world. It would be quite pro gay rights (depicting strong gay characters) and would challenge some stereotypes.

I'm going to do the Moonwalk in May; and I don't mean the MJ cool-walk, but only because I struggle with the moves (despite having a video clip on my laptop instructing how to do so). It's the London marathon route, power-walked, in your bra to raise money for breast cancer. Better get training. Maybe by that time I'll be able to drive round.

Shit it's 22.39 and I still have lectures to prep for tomorrow. In reality I'll soon be asleep; I would like to pretend here that as a busy professional I have to get early nights in order to recuperate for the extremely hectic day that lies ahead tomorrow. This is partly true. However my Bagpuss hot water bottle (hottle bottle) is calling out to me, and if I try to do any reading with it nearby I'll fall asleep. It's cold in my flat, alright?

Moon. xxx

5 Comments:

  • At 10:20 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    ooooh....when's the date then?

     
  • At 11:53 am, Blogger Moon said…

    Not til December... ages away!

     
  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger frankien said…

    I liked your gay rights argument. I would suggest that you wrote to JK herself to put it to her. However, I think she's already had quite enough airtime with her wizardry nonsense.

    anyway, anyone who has seen the harry potter films knows that all the characters are gay. Its just as they say, the parents are the last to face up to the truth.

     
  • At 9:50 pm, Blogger Rach said…

    I don't want Dumbledore to be gay. Not that I have anything against gay people, but it just doesn't fit with my Dumbledore image. It also casts sinister aspersions on why he used to call Harry up to his office in the wee small hours.

    ps. Try trainers with a chunky sole for driving in - I learnt to drive in some with 2inch soles!!

     
  • At 5:24 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Big D doesn't have to camp it up. Nothing sinister about it. Had I thought about it the men in skirts (cloaks) thing might have been a giveaway, however I use that argument in Scotland, which isn't often well received. I think JK has had enough airtime, too. I mean Rowling, not Jamiroquai. But he has had enough, too; earlier stuff better by far.

    Not sure if this comment makes any sense.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image