MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, October 14, 2007

beautiful things

In the absence of having anything to blog/strop about, I thought I would display my delight at a few things.

Firstly, I discovered an artist yesterday whose album has blown me away. I buy/get hold of (buy more these days) about 3 albums a week yet I haven't been struck by one in bloody ages. I highly recommend Alex Cornish's "Until the Traffic Stops", so long as you appreciate the whines of introspective singer/songwriters.

Secondly, The Flight of the Conchords has not only been greatly amusing, it's also filled a TV-drought. Hurrah for kiwi comic parody-musicians!

Thirdly, I got hold of the Science of Sleep on DVD yesterday. Apparently it's been out a while, but I'm no film buff so have no idea about these things. Beautiful film. Beautiful! I can't recall if I have blogged about it previously...

Blogging community quiet. Little to blog about I suppose. And little time in which to do it, now I'm a professional (ha). Work is busy, but all is going well. Am quite enjoying it in fact. I'm allowing myself a brief research break before the viva (not sure when that will be yet), after which I suppose I shall have to work madly in order to find the time for dreamy things.

Hope all well.
Moon. xxx

7 Comments:

  • At 11:21 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    Glad you're still kicking the macaroon with me Moon. I've written loads of blogs in my head recently but none have yet made it to the keyboard unfortunately. I aim to rectify that soon.

    As for your list, the only one I know of is Flight of the Conchords, which is genius. The Pet Shop Boys pastiche last week had me in stitches.

    Keep on keepin' on
    x

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    PS

    Knit a tit

    http://www.iknit.org.uk/labels/Knit%20a%20Tit.html

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Inner city pressure! http://youtube.com/watch?v=7wqfcwgT0Ds

    Please blog Prof. And all!

     
  • At 9:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    PS Knit a tit: amazing. The piercing's in the wrong place though. I would be seriously impressed if you knitted a prawn. I'd be seriously impressed if anyone knitted a prawn. Have you ever been to any of the stitch n bitch events?

     
  • At 10:16 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I've not. Just the I Knit events for me. There is mild gossip there.

     
  • At 11:31 am, Blogger Lord G said…

    I'm in need of musical guidance so get on messenger and start guiding little Caroline.... Since the ball and chain did a runner i've allowed myself to listen to stuff she wouldn't have put up with (anything rock/folk/with guitars etc). Listened to a PJ Harvey album yesterday that was ace, so that's one down, many more to follow x

     
  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Lordie lordie... Nice to see you've blogged! Re: music: I'm not sure I'm well equipped to advise really. I enjoy myspacing everything in the indie album charts every month or so and usually find some peachy treats in there. I go for the tortured singer/songwriter genre, so could recommend endless artists there. Perhaps not your thing...?

    Btw I'm not allowed msn at work :( You've probably suffered with this for some time, but I feel like fundamental human rights have been violated. I'll contact Amnesty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image