MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'm still Jenny from the blog...

After publishing a couple of mediocre posts, I pondered the purpose of the blog. Some use it as a fun mode of communication with friends, other comment on popular culture, others use the blog in a more purposeful way, by raising relevant cultural issues or pouring out their heart. I'm not sure I succeed in any of these domains. Heart-pouring is not my forte, but when I get close I end up slagging off colleagues and offending them (own fault of course). And commenting upon Leeds' culture must be an impossible task.

I feel that it should be used as some kind of means of self expression, either through publishing opinions or gossip. (Incidentially "publishing" sounds a little sophisticated a word in this case. Rather like our good friend's articles that are "in press"...) So, I'll rant about what's hot in the life of moon.

I have no space left on my laptop. At all. So it's a bit buggered. And well slow.
I have been enjoying listening to a lot of Regina Spektor lately, she's alright.
After listening to "she don't use jelly" by Ben Folds Five quite a bit, I have re-started playing on my Playstation (the beginning sounds just like the music in Crash Bandicoot).
I have a disproportionate interest in artists beginning with B.

It's been a busy week!

Moon.xxx

3 Comments:

  • At 10:39 am, Blogger Tombola said…

    2 things:

    1. Isn't 'she don't use jelly' actually by the Flaming Lips?

    2. You refer to the lack of culture in Leeds. And depending on your point of view, Saturday's instalment of the X Factor would either confirm or refute this hypothesis: on their trip to Leeds, Cowell et al. didn't pass a single contender to the 2nd stage. Not one. That has never happened before. So, does that mean that Leeds is packed to the rafters with deluded, atonal retards and that Osborne and co. should have torched the place as they left? OR in avoiding any link to the production-line, plastic vacuum of X-Factor endorsed culture, has Leeds revealed itself to be the most culturally exciting place in the UK? You decide.

     
  • At 1:46 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    2 boring comments:

    1) I don't know my role in the blog community either. Bumbling along, seems to be what I do.

    2) Get an external hard drive. They're moderately cheap these days and pretty good. I got a really small one, with 120GB storage, for $200.

     
  • At 2:11 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    external hard drive on things to buy list now - cheers for tip off. 120GB? Think of all the downloads!

    Tom: I had replied with a lengthy comment earlier then msg was lost. So now all I can muster now is: Leeds = uncultured, despite the fact that there are plenty of slim blonde young things that look the X factor part. And they have the pram and sob story to aid their way, no doubt. Presume they just sounded like shite. Funny, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image