MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Friday, August 11, 2006

Travelling, like, totally changed my life

(As I begin to write that Picture advert is on... hideous)

Upon commenting on my own blog (pathetic) about Australian accents, I have been reminded of yet another high-quality piece of Emirates entertainment. Actually, further research revealed that said entertainment was aired on every flight into Australia. And rightly so.

Mid tacky film, circa 45 mins from landing in Australia, services are interrupted with a mini-documentary of the finest kind. Steve "legend" Irwin. It goes a-little something like this (huh)

NB Please imagine Bogen accent. I can't be arsed to write in it.

"I fought crocodiles, snakes, deadly spiders... (film = Irwin fighting said snakes etc, He also put his 7 day baby near a croc once, didn't he? Wanker)
"But you know what's really scary? (film = Irwin putting his face near a remarkably sweet looking sniffer dog)
"...Bringing corn into the country!"

And it goes on. So, Irwin is immigration conscious. Maybe he's alright after all. You arrive to yet another stuffy airport. But this time (this is the best bit) you are greeted by a LIFESIZE cardboard cutout of Sir Irwin himself. Please, if anyone can, steal one of those for me. For Christmas. Birthday. Anything!




Irwin straddles a croc.



I can't find it on youtube. Can someone help me out, here?

7 Comments:

  • At 5:53 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    Fly Virgin next time, even if they don't go to where you're going. A choice of 10 newly released films greated me. I watched two on the way back. One of which was Syriana, which I particularly enjoyed.

     
  • At 6:03 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    I got a bit bored with Syriana - too hard to follow what was going on. Does that make me look thick?

    I watched Derailed on the flight. It was shit.

     
  • At 6:05 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    Thicko.

     
  • At 10:30 am, Blogger Moon said…

    No Tom is not thick. He gave a very detailed and eloquent account of Derailed to me, after I had given up on it as it was so shit.
    Other plane watches = Pride and Prejudice; Casanova; Some film that now escapes me, had Mulder and Robin Williams and Erykah Badu in it, which was a nice suprise; Beginning of Dead Poet's Socieyt (slept); King Kong (I know, I know); AH what else? Were definitely more.

    Bloody hell what an exciting blog comment. I'm going to do this more often.

     
  • At 12:49 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    Others i watched on Virgin:
    - Wallace & Grommit - Were Rabbit
    - Constant Gardener (with the yummy Rachel Weisz, it's good too).
    - The Matador (Pierce Brosnan - it's bobbins).
    - Good night and good luck (B&W Clooney pic, also good).

    Can't remember the rest.

     
  • At 5:40 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Yes Good Night and Good Luck a grand film. Clooney's direction was impressive, although his character awful.

     
  • At 2:01 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    Yeah I think he was perhaps not conceited enough to Direct and take a lead role.... I really liked the pic, good stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image