MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, September 10, 2006

larder than life

Greetings pilgrim,

I know that I am not the first person to discuss this, but I was truly shocked into posting on this issue. Yesterday I went to see Robbie Williams at Roundhay Park (I know, I know, not the most credible of outings, but 90,000 people in a park is usually fun, in my experience. And Bassment Jaxx were mighty grand). I could discuss Leeds' difficulty in hosting a pop event (local schools had to be closed on Friday - something to do with traffic congestion concerns) however I shall instead concentrate upon the vast array of food treats that were available over the day. Chip baguettes, "chicken 'n' chips", noodle stands (£7 for a tiny tray, incidentally), ice creams, there was even a quorn stand! It was a biffa's dream. Which may well explain the density (yes) of them about the place. I was honestly astonished at the proportion of fatties in the country, yesterday. I suppose you become desensitised to the sight of an especially rotund midriff after a while, but seeing them all together put it all into perspective. In all seriousness well over 100,000 people could have attended the event if it was full of normal sized people. Now I like my snacks as much as the next person, more than most, some may well argue, but there is a limit. I'm not sure what is to blame for this health hazard (don't worry, I won't suggest genes or "big bones"): the abundance of tempting stalls offering carbs with fat and sugar on top, or laziness, or greed... However I am sure that I am losing my sympathy for many a fatty. I'm no stick, but I know that eating less/well and attending the gym deal with the issue. And nothing else.

On a brighter note, let's marvel at how I snapped this pic of the first lot of sparks flying up at the beginning of the gig:



I am very sorry that I didn't make it to a festival this Summer. Bugger the schools, I'm all for more big live events in local parks over the next year or so.

Moon.
xxx

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    You've seen fat. Everyday here I see FAT.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image