MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Sunday, January 07, 2007

back to basics

So that's that then. Festivities are over. New year's resolutions are (supposedly) now enforced. It's time to get back into the working routine. Anything to look forward to? Well I've noticed a couple of Cadburys Creme Eggs in the shops, but can't have those as have to combat the effects of the xmas pies...

I am evidently finding it difficult remaining optimistic about returning to the working routine. January should clearly bring fresh, exciting starts. It does bring Celebrity BB, a new series of Shameless and sales (thrice times hurrah)! But I have to spend all my money not in the sales, but on replacing a mobile phone (which is, incidentally, irreplacable as it's only available on contract), my beautiful digital camera (expensive) and my limited edition Diesel handbag which had been imported from Beijing (hence is, also, irreplacable) due to a bag-snatching situation that occurred a couple of days ago. Rah.

So it seems that instead of there being hope in new ways, we just have to return to how things were before Christmas got in the way.

I think the personally most thought-provoking issue at this time of year is that I just don't want to go back to work. I know I'm not the only person feeling this way. Perhaps I am aware that this year should be stressful and hectic, seeing as I would like to finish my PhD within the next 10-12 months. This should be exciting and remind me that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that Leeds is not going to be home forever. However then I'll have to decide what to do next. And I'll look for academic posts out of ease and because that's what I've worked towards. But what if I feel like this about that, too?!

Hopefully this downer shall be upturned once the new camera arrives or Shameless begins (Tuesday night btw). But until that time, I could do with some motivation advice to help with the return to the working routine.

Hope all well.

Moon. xxx

5 Comments:

  • At 4:59 pm, Blogger Tombola said…

    That's totally cack about your bag et al., Moon. Hope things get sorted out quickly.

    Motivation advice...you're asking the wrong person. Try Gaz.

     
  • At 5:06 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Thanks a lot, Prof. We can't be the only people feeling like this. I don't know how to campaign about the lack of motivation issue. Everything I think of seems a bit proactive. Stuff that - defeats the object!

     
  • At 10:33 am, Blogger frankien said…

    If its any help I dont mind proofreading your chapters for you- not because I know the area obviously, just because I am pedantic about grammar etc.

     
  • At 12:39 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    ooh thanks a lot! Will have to write some first, but will certainly bear it in mind. Cheers!

     
  • At 9:09 am, Blogger Lord G said…

    Lord Conway is here ready and willing.

    Ooo eeer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image