MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Day 2 in the Big Brother hoose...

And already it's that time again... In so many ways it doesn't seem a year since geordie twat Anthony boogied his way out of the hoose with the meagre winnings of £50,000. Yet it is!

I often wonder whether it's wrong to get so much pleasure out of this horrendous TV production, as despite the fact that the contestants enter themselves into this show, they always seem to think that they will be strong enough to withstand the humiliation and bitchiness that lies inside. Yet the contestants are usually such social anomalies that their predictions are misguided. They inevitably leave the house dejected and suicidal, greeted by a sea of "boos" from an unsympathetic London audience. However, it is great telly. So I justify this in two ways: Firstly, BB is a social experiment. At least it was for the first year or two. But it certainly is interesting, as social beings, to observe interactions in a limited environment. Why else would we watch soaps? It sure ain't for the acting in Hollyoaks (and I'm not partial to high-maintenance bleach blondes or headingley-esque bemulleted trendy indie kid fashion). Secondly, it is interesting to see what the nation warms to in an individual. Previous winners have included camp extrovert Brian whats-his-face (Dowling?), girl nextdoor Kate Lawler, virginal Scottish Christian Cameron, and a Portugese tranny. And the aforementioned geordie thicko. Two of them, I think. I see no theme.

Anyway, let's peruse this year's line up:

Bonnie - clearly depressed and can't speak properly. Coming from Loughborough is only part of the problem.
Tourette's Pete - too much to say on this one. Contrived, though. I hope.
Mikey - sexist twat. Fit, though.
Imogen - Welsh. Everyone will heart her for obvious reasons. And not that she's Welsh.
Dawn - second depressed housemate. She should win and realise that life's not that bad. Like her, the cynical beast.
Glyn - Welsh #2. Thinks he's hot. Not.
Leah - boobs. Responsible for best quote ever on BB: "well if you're ugly you should spend 10 grand on yer face". Brilliant. Look at her.
Geroge - rah. Regrets going in there already.
Shahbaz - Scottish Muslim queen. He's so happy. Already hated by alpha males everywhere.
Richard - the sexual terrorist from Canada. "Mountie".
Grace - rich Londonite dancer. But not posh. Stick thin.
Lisa - deaf Mancunian. "'iya. Y'oright?" are the only words in her vocabulary. Like her a lot. Entertainingly gobby.
Sezer - "Sezer's Palace" (x2). Rich arrogant potential apprentice winning sod. Fit.
Nikki - footballer's wife wannabe. Fick. Dirty.

I love every one of them. Could obviously never live with any of them. Apart from being on my telly for the next 12 weeks 24/7. I am delighted.

Who's with me? I know they're awful, but it's such good telly.

Moon. xxx

9 Comments:

  • At 1:52 am, Blogger Lord G said…

    well actually i've just woken up (laid on the settee, post re-runs of hatton and woods fights, washed down with le vin rouge) to see Shebang claiming that he's walking out of there in the morning...

    They've certainly pushed the boat out with the extreme characters this year, so annoyed that I'll now miss all of it after seeing the start. Also annoyed at the distinct lack of talent in there. The welsh one (that apparently everyone will hate) is the fittest, though I'll probably end up hating her too. The stick thing londoner could have potential, providing she is gagged and left to age 10 years til she gets over herself.

    Have a good time in Edinborrow Moon, and have a jar with Frankie for me. Nobody buts baby in a corner.

     
  • At 4:09 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    Sorry to hear of the cancelled trip due to illness. Perhaps the illness was actually functional - your body's systems protecting you from shite overload should you have watched Eurotrash (actually, Antoinne - ok, i can't spell it - would have been a very good co-host). I agree that Wogan is funny, but his effect is to partially mitigate the threat at best.

    I've just realised that most would consider my musings to be a little contradictory here. However, I stand my ground. Eurovision is pap, BB is amusing. I just wish they'd employ me to invent some screwed-up interventions for the housemates...

     
  • At 11:31 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Do give examples of screwed up tasks!

    Eurovision was excellent, until the dull voting session, which is always too lengthy. Skeletor won - very unfair, in my opinion. A moment's lamentation for DJ Daz, if you please... Bet you tuned in, really.

    Shahbaz CAN'T leave. None of them can. Even Bonnie, who apparently has a brother called Clyde. Hell all this telly appears to have turned me camp.

    Still like Lisa - she's quieter than anticipated, because she's always stuffing her face. Bet Lea won't like that (recall: "if fat people don't want to be fat they should do something about it. I can't stand fat people moaning about themselves. it's they're own fault..."). Brilliant!

    btw you don't have to miss a thing - for just £7.99 you can get all the action LIVE (probably 3 mins or so behind, I bet, to ensure you don't see anything too awful) on www.channel4.com/bigbrother. What more could anyone ask for?

     
  • At 10:35 am, Blogger Lord G said…

    Shebang (she moves, she moves) is just pissed off as the other gay guy is clearly the daddy of them all in there, and isn't interested in the slightest.

    We were very entertained by Nikki last night. Now that girl is pure amusement - the faces she pulls and her lovely dialect/accent (someone will correct me if I edged my bets). Her speaking is funny, whereas 'Bonner' just sounds like a chav overdosing on diazepam.

    I want you to offer odds by the way - Which lass is the classy "Geezer Sezer" going to try to shag first? By the way, when he says "recognise, sezer's palace" - what are we recognising? I've only seen pictures of something named Ceasars Palace, and my recognition memory doesn't seem to agree with Sezer's claims. Hmmm. Care to comment you memory-botherers?

     
  • At 12:33 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    Imogen - he's already tried, hasn't he? I thought he'd (charmingly) brought her water in the night, and then done the same to Nikki a little later after Imogen didn't immediately jump into bed with him. Caesar's Palace sounds apt, in that case - as classy as Vegas.

    I agree - Nikki is ace. She went into the diary room yesterday to moan about not having her "£16 eye make up remova" but soon seemed to forget about that when asked if she liked the house. No short term memory! What a nice girl.

    Dawn is disappointingly smiley. I was looking forward to viewing a miserable cow. Bonner however seems to have taken over that role.

     
  • At 11:11 am, Blogger frankien said…

    I find almost all the housemates irritating beyond endurance. The worst are: Lisa, Pete and Shabba Ranks. If they dont get chucked out soon I dont think that I will be able to update you on BB when youre away, Moon.

    Was scared by Nikkis behaviour in the diary room over the clothes and bottled water. I find she overannunciates words (does that describe what I mean?- I hope so!).

    I recommend listening to galaxy fm while at work- no one ever disturbs you. its digitalgalaxy.co.uk. the 'digital' is very important, as I hazarded a guess at the url and found something I wasnt looking for...

     
  • At 11:39 am, Blogger Moon said…

    Yes the "digital" is important!

    Nikki was frightening. More frightening though are those night cameras. Shahbaz is so irritating. I feel let down as I spent day 1 defending him.

    Is it wrong to love trashy telly so much?

     
  • At 11:52 am, Blogger frankien said…

    Yes

     
  • At 5:25 pm, Blogger Moon said…

    And Shahbaz has gone. We salute you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image