MoonMind

Musings, Moonings, Mindings, and some other shit as well

Monday, May 01, 2006

bread of heaven, bread of heaven (sing it with me)

Here a few comments seeing as it's been a while since there's been anything posted by myself on here. Because I didn't want to spoil the ever-increasing comment tally on the previous post. Thanks for that!

I'm a little taken aback by the fact that Songs of Praise is still on telly on Sunday evenings. Followed by Antiques Roadshow. Now I would have thought that the BBC would rather not maintain tradition merely for tradition's sake, as they could create something that would be more of an earner for the corporation (don't try to retaliate with how much of the license fee is spent on Doctor Who. It's obscene!), which must mean that SoP is still pulling in the ratings. I can just about comprehend that the Roadshow would get some interest, despite my ignorance for all things old*. But I am surprised that people still tune into SoP. The words still flash up on the screen, karaoke style (not sure when they'll add the dance mat arrows for a more interactive viewing). Now I'm not going to get into the debate about whether Christianity is in decline in contemporary society - I had enough of that with the last posting. But I am genuinely taken aback that people would still find this interesting. Aled Jones hosts (at least he did yesterday - I can't claim that I tune in regularly). What a nice young man. But he made his fame at a similar time to young Welsh lass Charlotte Church, and look what happened to that sweet and innocent choir girl. I would have thought that our generation would not take much interest in SoP, and as we grow up SoP would die out. However it's still going strong. If the tunes were good I'd support it, but they're a bit drab, on the whole. Let's move on.

*old and therefore boring

It's getting sunny, a bit - woo!

I have decided it's time to purchase a digital camera, as my current one looks a bit naff now (despite having an exciting zoom). Could I please have a little advice on what kind of spec is required, please? I'd obviously like quality pics but am no photography genius so there's no need for fancy extras. Apart from video. And lots of memory.

My home internet is still buggered and it is making me sad. I have thus far managed to avoid the little sod who lives in the house upstairs, who I like to blame for the broken connection. I think he feels he can fix it. However he's quite possibly the most irritating person I have ever met and therefore a lack of internet is preferable to having to thank him for fixing it.

Bread of heaven, bread of heaven, do be de de do be deeee...
(Anyone else familiar with hymns?!)

Moon. xxx

3 Comments:

  • At 11:26 am, Blogger - said…

    Rather than being a ratings winner, I believe the BBC have a remit to broadcast a certain number of programmes discussing or related to religion, and SoP fills this category nicely... Now I can't be sure about this, but it was certainly the case when I was doing my media studies GCSE .

    (I did it for a laugh in sixth form ok.... God, you're so prejudiced against media studies!)

     
  • At 2:02 pm, Blogger Lord G said…

    Memory is stored on cards rather than the camera - u buy the card seperate - the bigger and quicker, the more expensive they are... Most cameras have ok-ish resolution (companies think sell this as the most important thing, but few need anything massive), few have decent lenses but that doesn't seem to matter to the digital masses. Most don't have many settings/functions, but it depends on what you want to do with it. The biggest thing to help you get good pics is learning to use a camera - 99% of camera buyers don't recognise that. If u can give me more pointers I can help if you want....?

     
  • At 11:42 am, Blogger Moon said…

    Ah, thanks Lord G. Much appreciated. Welcome back, by the way. I thought that maybe additional internal memory of size might be a bonus, but guess it's not that important then. The camera would just be used for holiday snaps and drunken action shots, plus the odd gig/festival video that would inevitably just have backs of heads on it (a downside of being 3' tall). Do lenses not matter then?

    What are your plans now you're back? I trust there won't be any "Florida never had trampolines in gardens..." type postings?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
image